Connect with us
BECOME A DIVEMASTER
Dive Master Overview
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program.
Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems. You put this knowledge into action through an internship or series of practical training exercises.
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What can PADI Dive Masters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations.
- Assist PADI Instructors with students, and at Utila Dive Centre we have classes starting on a daily basis with plenty of opportunity for you to gain experience
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours, and we have several boat trips per day, with full service, taking you to the best dive sites in comfort
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Logged minimum 20 Open Water Dives
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
What’s Included in the Course Fees?
- Unlimited diving
- Swimming Assessments
- All equipment
- Rescue Assessment
- 20 Skills Evaluation
- All Dive Trips Costs
- 10 Compulsory Theory Lectures plus Optional Extras
- Confined Open Water Sessions to Master Your Skills
- Assisting During Open Water Training Sessions
- Leading Certified Diver Sessions
- Continuing Education Sessions
- On job training for further experience
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI EFR
- Included in the PADI Dive Master Crewpak
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Application Forms Pak
- Divemaster Slate Set (4 Slates)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Instructor Manual
Course Costs Exclude
- Divemaster Application Fee (Payable to PADI)
- Divemaster Annual Renewal Fee (Payable to PADI)
Accommodation and meals can be arranged
The program consists of 3 separate modules, knowledge development, waterman ship and practical training.
During knowledge development you’ll learn about supervising both students and certified divers in addition to gaining theoretical diving knowledge about physics, physiology, skills and environment, equipment and the recreational dive planner.
You’ll also put your practical training into developing an underwater map of a local dive site. As part of the program you’ll be assisting our experienced team of Instructors as they conduct PADI training programs with student divers. You’ll also get experience working as a dive guide by guiding certified divers on our dive trips to our famous Kingfisher reef system including Manta Reef.
Under our direct supervision and with guidance and counseling from our experienced Instructors, you’ll soon develop into a true dive professional. In fact many of our Divemasters go on to successfully complete PADI Instructor training and gain employment throughout the world.
The waterman ship module will develop your strength and skills in the water and develop your confidence to a strong level of comfort. We provide real world teaching experiences and are not a factory and train all of our trainees as if they plan to go on to become Instructors.
You’ll also get to take advantage of the great diving on our Divemaster course and as part of the service we provide to our Divemasters you’ll be able to take specialty training in areas of diving where you have accumulated additional experience e.g. Fish Identification, Deep diving, Equipment maintenance etc…
If you dream of working in exotic environments, beautiful dive experiences and meeting people from all walks of life then the PADI Divemaster course could give you the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of.
FOLLOW JAY'S ON INSTAGRAM #JAYSPRODIVECENTRE
Praia de Jangamo, Massavane, Inhambane, Mozambique
email@example.com | +258 84 239 1100
© Copyright 2018 Jay’s Pro Dive Centre
Registered in Mozambique